Template Police application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brax

GigaHeart
Junior Staff
26 December 2018
California, United States of America
We wish to give a head start to some Police characters on the server, to allow for a smooth roleplay start at launch.

Please use this form if you wish to pre-establish a Police Character before server launch.
Reply in this thread with your application within the deadline.

Deadline: Sunday 29th March at 12:00 CEST.

OOC:
Steam Name:
Steam ID:
Discord Name and Tag #:
Timezone:

What is your experience in Serious Roleplay, specifically CityRP?

What is your experience in Police-type Roleplay situations?

Why do you want to be whitelisted for police?

Do you understand that being whitelisted for the Police faction means that you may have additional responsibilities, duties, and other requirements for the roleplay?

You are playing on your police officer character, when someone you arrested is insulting you in OOC/LOOC. Do you use your in character abilities to solve the problem, or report them to a server staff member?

What would be your preferred enlistment rank? (Officer -> Senior Officer -> Corporal -> Sergeant -> Lieutenant -> Captain)

How many hours weekly are you able to dedicate for this role on the server?

IC:

Your name:
Your DOB:
Your POB:
Current DL #:
Height/Weight:
Ethnicity:
Employment History:
Education:

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes, including minor misdemeanors in the state of New York?

Why do you wish to join the police academy?

What skills do you think would make you a good police officer?

Do you understand what it means to take the oath of duty, and to truly protect and serve?

Do you understand that you will be evaluated on a regular trial basis, and that if you are determined to not be a good fit for our department you may be let go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Kapteijn

GigaHeart
Honorable Member
23 December 2018
OOC:
Steam Name:
Chapter Master Max
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36652175
Discord Name and Tag: CPTMax#3804
Timezone: CET, Amsterdam time.

I was a very active part of the Cloudsixteen City Roleplay server and involved in planning the civilian aspects of the server. I played as the leader of a political party and was very active in organizing civilian rallies, factions and giving shops & other commerce more purpose. I also ran my own CityRP server using a mix of modified Cider 2 and HL2rp to create a tailor-made game mode. On that server I ran the police & town hall factions and was responsible for creating interesting roleplay situations and giving players the basic tools they need to start up on the server and feel welcomed and safe. Overall I have been active in the Serious Roleplay scene since 2010/2011ish, joining HeartBit around the first iteration of Black Mesa Roleplay and proudly being part of it all. I have been on multiple sides of the roleplay perspective. Being a server owner, admin, assistant to admins, a player, faction leader or a store clerk. I've thoroughly enjoyed roleplay for a decade now and keep pulling my myself back in and enjoying it immensely.

On BMRP I have been very active in the security factions. Becoming a sergeant but also faction leader and contributing to fair and fun "security" work. I have also managed multiple police factions on my own servers and led the US Military Police faction on an old military roleplay server, Dark Fraction. I also roleplayed the Afghan National Police in an old Military Roleplay server.

As I find myself in that specific line of work, I have great enthusiasm, knowledge, and energy to contribute to the server. With the experience I have from being the security chief on the last BMRP iteration, I received a lot of feedback on my work ethics. I plan to use that feedback for the better, as a person I have softened up the past year which is for the better. I want to work together with the players and other faction leaders and create an interesting roleplay environment. This community has provided it to me countless of times, I think it is good that I also help in giving that back.

Do you understand that being whitelisted for the Police faction means that you may have additional responsibilities, duties, and other requirements for the roleplay?
Absolutely. I take given responsibilities and duties very seriously.

You are playing on your police officer character, when someone you arrested is insulting you in OOC/LOOC. Do you use your in character abilities to solve the problem, or report them to a server staff member?
In this situation I would first observe what is actually happening. Is this something that is a reaction to an existing action of mine? Perhaps I have done something unfair or unexpected both in-character or out of character. Or I have a pre-existing relationship with the player in question. Using this information I would take the appropriate steps, which is to inform a staff member of the situation with all the information that I have and know. From that situation I would excuse myself until I receive further instructions.

What would be your preferred enlistment rank?
Captain.

How many hours weekly are you able to dedicate to this role on the server?
From Monday to Thursday I will be able to spend a good couple of hours on the server during the evenings. Besides that I might be able to spend some time on the forum during the day while working at my desk. On Fridays and in the weekends, I would be able to make some time in order to attend events. Other than that I'd be able to come online during the afternoon and in the evening. In total I'd guess I am able to spend about 20 to 25 hours on the server.

IC:
Your name:
Matthew J. Hunt
Your DOB: 1974-20-1
Your POB: Union City
Current DL #: L9451341
Height/Weight: 1,82M / 87KG
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Employment History: Worked for the post department as a mailman from his 15th to his 24th. After finishing his bachelor at the University of Union City he joined the Union City Police Department at the age of 24.
Education: Bachelor's degree in law

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes, including minor misdemeanors in the state of New York?
No.

Living in Union City my entire life, I have personally witnessed the difference a police officer can make on the ordinary citizen. I want to be the next one in line to take up that prestigious mantle and make a difference for the people around me. As a mailman in my young teen years I have witnessed and experienced the poorer side of the city and how much these people need a positive factor. By providing and contributing to our law enforcement agencies we can help these people. We are all people and everyone deserves the protection and safety that they desperately need.

I am very quick to build personal relationships with the people around me. I am meticulous and always want to get the job done right. I like working together as a team and get results. I am a very serious person and understand the gravity of the work and work environment.

Do you understand what it means to take the oath of duty, and to truly protect and serve?
Yes.

Do you understand that you will be evaluated on a regular trial basis, and that if you are determined to not be a good fit for our department you may be let go?
Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: SleepyMode

therealgabenewell

MegaHeart
19 January 2019
OOC: ok
Steam Name:
[HL2:CP] Pyroland is fun!
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:50136859
Discord Name and Tag #: lord of losers#1599
Timezone: GMT+0 (supreme timezone)

I have a vast amount of experience in the serious roleplay community and have been actively engaging with C16 schema's since 2012. I've played through CW:HL2RP, Atomic and Phase 4 (which I believe was the City one). I've served as both an active and avid member of the communities I've joined as well as staffed on many of them and achieved great success. In terms of whitelist's I've served as all roles and have a diverse toolkit which I believe allows me to take a unique spin on many scenario's people would usually find dull or boring, or perhaps lacking in inspiration. In terms of CityRP, I have served as a police officer on various occasions and risen through the rank as one usually would. Primarily my duties included patrolling, submitting online forms for arrests/patrol times/etc and generally keeping the peace.

Please see the above, however, to elaborate a little further;
I have played a variety of roles from oppressive alien overlord to standard city beatcop living paycheck to paycheck. I enjoy actively engaging with the community in-character, participating in events and handling arrests/acting as a police officer to keep the peace. I have also participated in tense RP situations such as bomb defusals, hostage and terrorist negotiations as well as detective work for solving on-going cases.

I want to be whitelisted for police as it opens up a great avenue of roleplay to engage with other people and participate in community events. It also allows for unique scenarios that I take a great interest in, such as detective work, paper-pushing and general patrol routes. I've got a fair degree of experience from my many years in the seriousRP community and would like to take that forward onto Heartbit's newest
endeavor.

Yes, of course. I fully expect there will be many challenges ahead and difficult scenario's to tackle.

Report them to a member of staff of course. If it were an in-game situation then I would take it as such.

What would be your preferred enlistment rank? (Officer -> Senior Officer -> Corporal -> Sergeant -> Lieutenant -> Captain)

Officer.

I'm unsure as I work a full-time job and have a fairly busy shcedule, though I would love to dedicate at least a fair portion of whatever free time I have.

IC: ok
Your name: Rabbi Shlomo Edelberg
Your DOB:
24/07/1984
Your POB: Union City.
Current DL #: L1945092
Height/Weight: 6'1, 182 lbs.
Ethnicity: Ashkenazim Jew.
Employment History: I have previously worked as a bank insurance manager since I started employment.
Education: Master's Degree in Finance.

No, never.

For the longest time I've actively wanted to engage in my community that I was born into and give back to it in a real, meaningful way. I'd like to help in any way I can, from engaging in poorer communties to assisting in investigations to stop further crime. More importantly, I believe that instead of
just performing arrests, I'd like to work with young offenders to improve their lives for the better.

Truthfully, I don't have much in the way of education outside of my financing degree. That being said, I'm rather athletic and regularly work out to keep in good shape and ran track in my younger years. I also regularly train myself to be able to run marathons and engage in them for charity events and sponsorships. I've also got a lot of customer-facing experience and resolved many tense situations in my time as a bank insurance manager.

Yes. To serve not for my own interests, but for the interests of the community and the city itself as well as protect those interests fully.

Yes. Of course.

Banoon

MegaHeart
28 March 2020
OOC

Steam Name:
gbanoon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:101525416
Discord Name and Tag #: Banoon#5800
Timezone: GMT + 1

In CityRP specifically it has not been a lot compared to other applicants probably, since that was not my main focus when playing Garry's Mod. This will be a rather new experience to me. With that said, it does not mean I have not played any serious CityRP server before. I have. Back in the day it was called Xite Roleplay, a small but humble CityRP community which was quite serious in roleplaying. I have experienced many different roleplay situations like hostage situations, maffia business situations and corrupt government situations. In that time I've played many roles in CityRP, such as: mayor, police officer, gangster, taxi driver and mafia consigliere.

The mafia jobs were interesting, but the job which was far more interesting was the police officer job. Since I had to deal with various crimes that were really fun to deal with. I was responsible for a checkpoint on the road, I had to rescue hostages, I had to chase criminals with a fast speed and I had to search house for drugs and printers. I really enjoyed that. I also hope this server implements callsigns and puts focus on the police radio communication which will make situations much more interesting. Since I've also played on GTA 5 FiveM serious roleplay servers where they had that and it adds so much additional depth to roleplay situations which I can really appreciate.

Since all the other servers where they do put focus on the police department are really unserious, not realistic and don't put much effort into roleplaying at all. When I looked at this moment I immediately thought to join the police because the server on it's own looks really well made and serious.

Do you understand that being whitelisted for the Police faction means that you may have additional responsibilities, duties, and other requirements for the roleplay? Yes, I do understand.

You are playing on your police officer character, when someone you arrested is insulting you in OOC/LOOC. Do you use your in character abilities to solve the problem, or report them to a server staff member? Since LOOC and OOC are both (Locally) Out Of Character, I will not intervene the problem with my roleplay character. This is an issue for the staff members to solve, so yes, I do report them to notify staff.

What would be your preferred enlistment rank? Officer.

How many hours weekly are you able to dedicate for this role on the server? About 15+ hours a week.

IC

Your name:
Hans Kleineman
Your DOB: 25th of July, 1995
Your POB: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Current DL #: L936743582
Height/Weight: 1,98m, 109kg
Ethnicity: Germanic American
Employment History: IT-consultant at Microsoft
Education: Bachelor Degree Computer Science

No, I've always obeyed the law.

Since I want to quit my desk job as an IT-professional, I want to something that is essential for the country I live in.
My mom is from the US and we moved here a couple of years after I was born. I grew up in a community that was not really nice to live in.
I saw loads of robberies, shoot outs and burglaries going on when I was young. Now that I'm 24, I want to give back to the community to make it a better place for everybody to live in.

I'm very communicative and can switch between situations really well. Since I've also done a lot of documenting for my previous job, I know how to do the neccesarry administration after every situation. I think I can also be really supportive with my open mind, as I can come with solutions really quickly to solve situations from getting worse.

Do you understand what it means to take the oath of duty, and to truly protect and serve? Yes, I do understand that.

Do you understand that you will be evaluated on a regular trial basis, and that if you are determined to not be a good fit for our department you may be let go? Yes, I do understand.

Last edited:

riekelt

HeartByte
Supporter Plus
28 March 2020
OOC:
Steam Name:
Riekelt
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:39003753
Discord Name and Tag #:
Roekelt#9128
Timezone:
CEST / Amsterdam

I've played Black Mesa Roleplay quite extensively, and was involved in multiple serious roleplay servers (WW3RP, HL2RP, etc.) as a staff member and developer.
When it comes down to CityRP, I have quite a bit of experience from playing years of PERP on a semi-serious server.

I was involved in professionalizing the Police Department on a PERP server, empowering the conversion to a fully whitelisted department and also streamlining the posibilities for a fully fledged academy. These efforts left a remaining mark on the still well functioning Police Department to this day, after putting down my position 2 years ago. In addition, I have real life experience as security support and first-aid.

I'd simply like to get back into the game, and feel like a position in the Police Department would suit me best since I've basically always done it. On Black Mesa Roleplay I mainly roleplayed as security and I've handled quite possibly over 500 calls in my time on PERP.

Yes, I understand and have had these responsibilities in the past. (Reffer to experience in Police-type situations for more details)

I would contact a member of staff, while attempting to maintain proper in-character communication and roleplay. If the OOC/LOOC becomes too overwhelming I would take the suspect away from a public setting if possible until a member of staff comes to assist. I would not engage in OOC or LOOC because this most often only causes further aggrivation.

Lieutenant or Sergeant

Varies, 8 to 10 hours through the normal week. Probably around 4 hours per day in the weekend.

IC:
Your name:
Mike Bowman
Your DOB:
22/07/1989
Your POB:
Raymond, Ohio, United States of America
Current DL #:
L19192018
Height/Weight:
1.97 M / 89KG
Ethnicity:
Caucasian
Employment History:

2005 - 2009: Clerk, Target (Side job for pocket money)
2009 (Q2) - 2009 (Q4): Cadet, Ohio State Highway Patrol
2010 - 2012: Officer, OSHP
2012 - 2016: Sergeant / FTO, OSHP
2016 - 2019: Lieutenant, OSHP

Education:

2005 - 2009: High School
2009: OSHP Academy

No, I have not.

To further my increase my knowledge in Police work in an Urban / Sub-Urban setting. After years of serving in a State / Highway oriented setting I feel like I could put my skills to good use while also learning to deal with new kinds of situations and otherwise increase my ability to function as a Law Enforcement Officer.

I feel very welcome in Union City and would like to proceed with my carreer here while serving, protecting and supporting the community I've come to love.

- Strong communicative skills, both verbal and non-verbal
An important skill in both communicating with colleague's, but of course also while dealing with possible suspects and victims.

- Compassionate and understanding
I always have the urge to take a mediative stance in conflicts as in my opinion an LEO should, and have a good compass as a person's need in difficult situations. I try to assess both sides of a story, and go from there in resolving the situation.

- Observant and attentive
Not a lot will go unnoticed by me, I try to get a full picture of whatever situation or task I find myself with.

Yes, I understand.

Yes, I understand.

• HeartBit
Status
Not open for further replies.