Template Mayor application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brax

GigaHeart
Junior Staff
26 December 2018
California, United States of America
We are recruiting for the Mayor of Union City pre-launch, to provide a smooth start to the roleplay upon server opening.

Please use this form if you wish to pre-establish a Mayor character before server launch. Note: Mayors sit in office for 3 weeks between elections.
Reply in this thread with your application within the deadline.

Deadline: Sunday 29th March at 12:00 CEST.

OOC:
Steam Name:
Steam ID:
Discord Name and Tag #:
Timezone:

What is your experience in Serious Roleplay, specifically CityRP?

What is your experience in Government-type Roleplay situations, both serious and semi-serious?

Why do you want to be the Mayor?

Do you understand that being whitelisted for the Mayor role means that you will have additional responsibilities, duties, and other requirements for the roleplay?

Someone that you OOCly do not like is harassing you or your staff ICly at your city hall. How do you handle the situation?

How many hours weekly are you able to dedicate for this role on the server?

IC:
Your name:
Your DOB:
Your POB:
Current DL #:
Height/Weight:
Ethnicity:
Employment History:
Education:

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes, including minor misdemeanors in the state of New York?

Why do you wish to run for the position of Mayor of Union City?

What skills do you think would make you a good leader?

Do you understand what it means to take the oath of office, and to truly support and defend the constitution of the United States?

Do you understand that you will be evaluated on a regular trial basis, and that if you are determined to not be a good fit for our city we may hold a special recall election?

Give us an example of some laws you may pass once in office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewis

27 March 2020
OOC:
Steam Name: lew
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29625595
Discord Name and Tag #: big champ lew#6936
Timezone: GMT

What is your experience in Serious Roleplay, specifically CityRP?
I have been playing serious roleplay for a number of years now, I have experienced most servers including CityRPs, but due to their rarity (in a serious roleplay setting) I don't have as much experience in CityRP as I would like. My time has mostly been spent on HL2RP, as well as scattered Military roleplays throughout the years, as well as a number of medieval or fantasy based serious roleplays. I've spent close to 3300 hours on Garry's Mod, with the majority of that time spent on serious roleplay servers, and I believe I have been roleplaying for long enough (Beginning around 2011-2012 roughly) to allow myself to adapt to most RP scenarios and show a high level of competency in most roleplay servers.

What is your experience in Government-type Roleplay situations, both serious and semi-serious?
My experience with government-oriented characters mostly stems from numerous City Administrator positions within HL2RP servers, I have held the role several times and believe that although it is almost an entirely different situation and requires a different sort of roleplay, I think the experience of running internal affairs and worker's unions and the like gives me a solid foundation for roleplaying as a government official. I understand that some work may be required to familiarize myself with the role, but that is a challenge I am willing to have a good go at, I feel as though my experience and a suitable amount of prior research will be enough to help me show proficiency in the role.

Why do you want to be the Mayor?
I want to have a Mayor character because I believe it opens up a wide array of roleplay opportunities and situations for myself and my fellow players. I have all intention of incorporating all of my roleplay with other characters as much as I possibly can, and I believe I can employ new ideas to enrich the roleplay for others in the server. I believe the management aspect of the Mayor role allows me to create roleplay for others frequently, and that is what I care about the most. I also find the prospect interesting, making decisions that can influence the IC economy and the way things pan out for other people is a fascinating roleplay opportunity, and I hope to assist in creating and maintaining a high standard of roleplay within the server.

Do you understand that being whitelisted for the Mayor role means that you will have additional responsibilities, duties, and other requirements for the roleplay?
Yes of course.

Someone that you OOCly do not like is harassing you or your staff ICly at your city hall. How do you handle the situation?
Well naturally, out-of-character issues should hold no bounds in-character, and that's how I would treat the situation. Maintaining a level of integrity and maintaining constant in-character roleplay as much as possible, I understand that out-of-character issues have no merit when you are roleplaying, and the situation should be handled as such.

How many hours weekly are you able to dedicate for this role on the server?
I will be able to spend quite a bit of time on the server, given that my university has shut till September, I still have work to do, but it will most likely be scarce in terms of affecting my time on the server, most evenings and a good amount of time on weekends will be the most likely situation.

IC:
Your name: Vincenzo Luciano
Your DOB: 30/02/1978
Your POB: New York City, New York, United States
Current DL #: L8245476
Height/Weight: 5'11, 188Ibs
Ethnicity: Italian American
Employment History:
New York City Council member, District representative for Queens, New York City.
Education: Studied Business Management at Columbia University, went on to study for a Masters of Business Administration in the Columbia University Business School

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes, including minor misdemeanors in the state of New York?
No, I have not.

Why do you wish to run for the position of Mayor of Union City?
I wish to make a difference to the citizens of Union City, I want to introduce legislations and community outreach to show the citizens of Union City that their government cares. My tenure as Mayor will be a lucrative one, and I hope to make Union City a cultural and national hub of significance, prestige and prosperity through my policies and practices. I believe as Mayor, I can truly make a difference to the lives of our citizens, and that after all is the key reason.

What skills do you think would make you a good leader?
I believe I possess a variety of skills that would make me a suitable leader of Union City, firstly, I am not afraid to get out into the community and get stuck in helping our citizens, I am also not afraid of their concerns or difficulties, and I believe it is my duty to our people to solve these however I can. I am also not afraid to provide assistance to those who need it, be it government officials or residents of the city, and I am always willing to take time out of my day to assist anybody anytime.

Do you understand what it means to take the oath of office, and to truly support and defend the constitution of the United States?

Yes, and I will do the best I can to carry out my duties constitutionally and efficiently, upholding the strong values of this great city.

Do you understand that you will be evaluated on a regular trial basis, and that if you are determined to not be a good fit for our city we may hold a special recall election?
Of course, our great nation is a democracy after all.

Give us an example of some laws you may pass once in office.
Laws are entirely situational, legislations and changes to this city's laws should and will only be done when they need to be. A number of new legislations I hope to include as a baseline include loans from the city's annual budget to support new and upcoming businesses, fair tax to these business owners and a variety of legislations protecting and assisting our citizens with housing schemes, as well as assisting our local Law Enforcement and Emergency services with a plethora of legislations and changes to practice made to make their financial and operational lives easier. After all, under my leadership, I intend for a prosperous and nationally significant Union City, a great city providing assistance where needed, and justice when required.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.